#8

Wadha Al Nabti
Music Production 10
November 22nd 2014

Process Journal #8


Today we continued on with getting started with our real life studio experience by getting roles.To freshen up your mind, there are four roles that you could get in a real live studio and we were told that by the end of last lesson we would have our roles, albeit Taji and I didn't get one. The roles we could've secured was a producer, songwriter, musician, and engineer, but at the end of the first lesson Taji and I were executive producers. In hindsight, I wish I was a songwriter, because I really love fusing poetry with music. Furthermore, while attempting to understand our roles we realized we had to split the work, in which we decided to divide the four groups between us to in a way, manage them. I took over SMD, G.O.A.T and the little practice room in the classroom, which would later on become my office. The next lesson SMD (shut me down) and G.O.A.T (Greatest of all time) were in practice rooms to decide on a genre and name of a band. There was a lot of disagreements so the whole lesson was spent trying to get along with each other and deciding on a name. Sara, Samid, Hamad, and Basyouni decided on the name SMD (shut me down), while Darwin, Al Anoud, Kareem, and Hayaan decided on the name G.O.A.T (Greatest of all time). That was as productive as it was gonna get because these bands weren't made up by friends but by classmates, so lets just say it was a diamond in the rough, a butterfly waiting to break out of its cocoon. 

Feedback: (on role)
"I believe you should research more about your role, and others as it will help you understand what everyone is supposed to be doing in your groups, and what you're supposed to be doing obviously" - Hayaan

Thank you Hayaan, that was honestly very helpful because then I will understand what it is to be in a live studio from all perspectives. Also just the way you put it was beautiful I will know what I'm supposed to do and how to apply it to the other roles and help them understand what their doing. In this moment I realize how hard it is to be a teacher.

"you need to start advising us on our genre and try to be a mediator because I don't want to waste more time fighting in my group" - Hamad Al Mawlawi

Hamad I will try my best to advise you on your genre however that is a group decision and I believe that you need to get used to it because you will be working with them for the next two months. Albeit, I will try to find the most famous genres as they will have the most information, instruments, and lyrics to create around those genres. Also the faster you help stop the fights the faster the other group members realize they need to take the matter of the project seriously. 



Photo of my office:


No comments:

Post a Comment