Wadha Al Nabti
Music Production 10
14th October 2014
Music Production 10
14th October 2014
Process Journal #4
My aim for this week was to add drums to my song, which is why I jammed out using drums in the practice room. I started off with the drums because I've the easiest thing to do is find a drum beat first then add on synthesizers, guitars, piano, etc. Mr. Ball had suggested that idea to me a year back and that is when I found that it is the easiest and most inspirational way to create a song. Later on I listened to some music with the same bpm as mine to find out that if I were to use this song, where would it be on my gym playlist? What would I be doing that best suits this song? This has lead me with the idea of using my song as the warmup song, seeing as I have a fast bpm, which I need to get my heart rate up in the beginning so I can get accustomed to the rest of the workout. I then listened to some music that was widely popular in the everyday gym user community and I chose the ones that were best to be used as a heart rate raising, warmup song. Moreover I recognised that my song's genre was very different to the songs that I listened to, which is why I've decided to change it into hip hop/ r&b type of song, as it is the only genre I like to listen to when I personally hit the gym.
Feedback: (on my drum part)
- "it's very simple and catchy, would definitely want me to listen to the tracks you're going to add" - Darwin
Thank you, when I upload my real song onto sound cloud I'll make sure you can download it.
-"Make it more sophisticated because for now it sounds very cliche" - Shahad
I'll try to make it more sophisticated, but it'll take time as I'm not very advanced on working with the drums
-"I like the idea of creating an r&b/hiphop song because thats what is mainly being produced currently so you'll have a lot of influences" - Samid
Thank you Samid, I chose it because it's the genre I mainly listen to and I'm very used to it by now and know how to make a nice song.
Samples of my inspiration:
1) Eye of the tiger - Survivor
2) We cant stop - Miley Cyrus
No comments:
Post a Comment