Wadha Al Nabti
Music Production 10
15/9
My aim for this week is to create a playlist on itunes and be proud of it. This week we were asked to create a workout playlist, leaving some slots open to add in our own music for some parts of the playlist. Minimally 10% of the playlist must be made from logic by yourself. My aim is to create a workout that goes along with the bpm formula that Mr. Ball had shown us, called the Karvonen formula. It helps give you a guideline of the bpm you need for the capacity of the heart being used. In the end of the class I got my workout playlist and we were asked to gather the bpm's of each song so we could find the Karvonen formula and see if it matches with the exercise you'd do with that song. I honestly feel like the Karvonen formula is very helpful sometimes, it honestly comes down to what type of person you are because I could only be exercising to release stress and in that case I would listen to music or I could exercise because its a daily routine meaning I'd be thinking about what comes after this. In the end the Karvonen formula will only work if the person themselves are only focused on the workout and the song being played. After I gathered my playlist I went on to get the BPM of the songs which took more than I realised.
My playlist: (some songs have been taken out due to explicit content)
Link to Karvonen formula: http://exercise.about.com/cs/fitnesstools/g/karvonen.htm
Samid explaining to Jibrail how to get the bpm of a song:
Music Production 10
15/9
Process Journal #1
My aim for this week is to create a playlist on itunes and be proud of it. This week we were asked to create a workout playlist, leaving some slots open to add in our own music for some parts of the playlist. Minimally 10% of the playlist must be made from logic by yourself. My aim is to create a workout that goes along with the bpm formula that Mr. Ball had shown us, called the Karvonen formula. It helps give you a guideline of the bpm you need for the capacity of the heart being used. In the end of the class I got my workout playlist and we were asked to gather the bpm's of each song so we could find the Karvonen formula and see if it matches with the exercise you'd do with that song. I honestly feel like the Karvonen formula is very helpful sometimes, it honestly comes down to what type of person you are because I could only be exercising to release stress and in that case I would listen to music or I could exercise because its a daily routine meaning I'd be thinking about what comes after this. In the end the Karvonen formula will only work if the person themselves are only focused on the workout and the song being played. After I gathered my playlist I went on to get the BPM of the songs which took more than I realised.
My playlist: (some songs have been taken out due to explicit content)
Link to Karvonen formula: http://exercise.about.com/cs/fitnesstools/g/karvonen.htm
Samid explaining to Jibrail how to get the bpm of a song:

No comments:
Post a Comment